ALERT LEVEL 3 - RESTRICT (High risk the disease is not contained)
Updated on 6 May 2020
Please follow the following range of measures as directed by the Government of New Zealand
- People instructed to stay home in their bubble other than for
essential personal movement – including to go to work, school if they
have to or for local recreation.
- Physical distancing of two metres outside home (including on
public transport), or one metre in controlled environments like
schools and workplaces.
- People must stay within their immediate household bubble,
but can expand this to reconnect with close family / whānau,
or bring in caregivers, or support isolated people. This extended
bubble should remain exclusive.
- Schools (years 1 to 10) and Early Childhood Education centres can
safely open, but will have limited capacity. Children should learn at
home if possible.
- People must work from home unless that is not possible.
- Businesses can open premises, but cannot physically interact
- Low risk local recreation activities are allowed.
- Public venues are closed (e.g. libraries, museums, cinemas,
food courts, gyms, pools, playgrounds, markets).
- Gatherings of up to 10 people are allowed but only for wedding
services, funerals and tangihanga.
- Physical distancing and public
health measures must be maintained.
- Healthcare services use virtual, non-contact consultations
- Inter-regional travel is highly limited (e.g. for essential workers,
with limited exemptions for others).
- People at high risk of severe illness (older people and those with
existing medical conditions) are encouraged to stay at home where
possible, and take additional precautions when leaving home.
They may choose to work.